Saturday, 11 January 2014

Clothing Haul | Shopping The Sales (Topshop & New Look)

It has been such a long time since I last made a clothing haul post! So, a little overdue, here are some of the things I picked up in the post-Christmas/New Year sales.


Firstly is probably my favourite discount find. The photos really don't do this dress justice. It's a lovely, quality feeling material, bright red and utterly gorgeous. I'll have to do an OOTN with this dress at some point to make up for this awful photo! It should have been £38, but the reduced price and my student discount meant it was mine for £16.20. Chuffed!

(RRP £38, discount price £18.00 or £16.20 with student discount)

Next, I picked up one of Topshop's statement lace crop tops. I thought this was would be really versatile for dressing up/down throughout the year with highwaisted jeans, shorts and skirts.

(RRP £15.00, discount price £12.00 or £10.80 with student discount)

Ok, so I'm not sure how you guys will feel about this one, but as soon as I saw this skirt I knew I had to have it. I even turned to my best friend and went "I know it's really bad, but I want this". Her reply? "I could have guessed, it is so you." This was reduced to £10 in the sale and student discount meant that I got it for an absolute steal of £9.

(RRP £34, sale price £10 or £9 with student discount)

Next I went to New Look and managed to pick myself up a couple of pairs of shoes in the sale. First are these deep burgundy/brown heel boots. I liked the unique colour and the chunky heel on these means that they're pretty comfy too. These bad boys cost me a pretty damn good £15, which was half the original retail price.

(RRP £29.99, sale price £15.00)

Last, but definitely not least, is my biggest bargain of the haul. I picked up this leopard print pair of pumps for a ridiculous £3. Thank you, New Look sale! These are super cute and comfy and will, I think, really add something to plainer outfits.

(RRP £12.99, sale price £3.00)

Though I managed to find some bargains, I really wasn't overly impressed with the sales this year. Some people may love it, but the idea of searching through racks of jumbled colours, styles and sizes really puts me off. My favourite thing is walking into a shop that organises their sale sections into sizes!

What's your favourite item that I picked up? Did you find anything nice bargains of your own in the sales?
xo

37 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog name and blog and am so glad to have found it! Following you now :)
    I love the leopard print pumps and black lace crop top :) they could definitely make an appearance in my wardrobe! Personally I wouldn't wear the green skirt but only because I couldn't pull it off! I have a friend it would look amazing on and I don't doubt it will look great on you too :) Great haul - you've got some amazing bargains!!
    Keep in touch!
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's lovely! :) Thank you! You so could pull it off. :) xo

      Delete
  2. I love the green skirt - definitely something I'd wear! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the skirt! It's something I'd love to be able to wear but I don't know if I would be able to pull it off like I'm sure you would!
    I've been going a bit mad in the sales too... oops!
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if I can pull it off yet! Ha. Sure you could! xo

      Delete
  4. OMG I love the skirt! It's so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buys, that red dress is gorgeous!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I thought so too! xo

      Delete
  6. some times its a pain in the ass to read what website owners wrote but this website is real user genial ! .
    Eques trianism Games

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those New Look boots are so nice, what a bargain! I've bought tons of sale items this year, I think I'm the only one who's been loving them haha.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, couldn't say no! xo

      Delete
  8. Wow you got some great bargains especially with your student discount, I love love love the leopard print pumps!
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for student discount! xo

      Delete
  9. The red dress and lace tops will be so versatile, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there Lovely!
    I've nominated you for the Liebstar Award!
    Go and check out my last post to see what you need to do :)

    Please check out my beauty blog nailsandteapots.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read that book keeping is a part of accounting. Book keeping is recording transactions while accounting is recording, reporting and analyzing of financial information.
    HealthCare CPA

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have gotten yourself some really good bargins here!x

    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! Yay for sales! xo

      Delete
  13. Nice stuff, dear! I love the last pair of shoes the most!! They look so cool!!!!
    Lea

    zucker-schlecken.blogspot.de


    would you like to follow for follow? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like them! xo

      Delete
  14. great items! that skirts is super awesome!

    Giveaway <3 SHE WALKS Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I think so too! xo

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. They've still got some in store! :) xo

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. They're pretty damn good, aren't they? xo

      Delete
  17. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I follow you right now (on bloglovin + GFC) and welcome to visit my
    blog about fashion .



    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  18. love those boots from new look!
    Alimak | Kamila
    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorites out all of your purchases are the green skater skirt and the leopard shoes. Very cool. Can't wait to see how you pair them (:
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and leaving a comment. :) I'll always make sure that I try and reply. xo