Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Empties | Products I've Used Up #5 (& One I Had To Throw Away!)

Another batch of empty products I've been stashing away to tell you about. Lots I loved, one I hated...





Good Things Total Wipe Out Cleansing Wipes (£3.49)
These makeup wipes were great. They were really thick, almost more like a cloth than a wipe and did a really good job of removing my makeup. Although I wasn't so keen on the fruity scent.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Vaseline, Rosy Lips (£1.99)
My all time favourite lipbalm! Super moisturising and leaves a pretty pink sheen too.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover (£2.20)
A good nail polish remover, but it definitely didn't strengthen my nails.
Would I repurchase? Maybe.

Batiste Blush Dry Shampoo (£2.99)
You can't beat Batiste when it comes to dry shampoo and this one had a lovely smell too.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Collection Extreme Felt Liner (£2.99)
I'm yet to find a felt eyeliner that I like more than this one. Lasts ages and applies well, with decent staying power too.
Would I repurchase? Yes.


John Frieda Full Repeat Conditioner (£5.89)
I'd seen mixed reviews on this conditioner, but I really liked it. John Frieda hair products are always a hit for me. Pricey for a conditioner, but worth getting in a 3 for 2 offer.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

The Body Shop Vanilla Body Butter (£13.00)
It's a shame this only comes around at Christmas time, because it's lovely. Vanilla is my favourite smell and the Body Shop body butters always work a treat.
Would I repurchase? Yes, although I would never pay full price.

Natural Collection Apple Blossom Lipstick (£1.99)
A pretty, very light pink lipstick that, unfortunately, broke off in the tube. I really like Natural Collection lipsticks, but they are an absolute bugger for snapping. Thankfully they're cheap so I don't mind repurchasing.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer (£4.99)
Yes, another empty Collection product! Whilst most beauty bloggers rave about the Lasting Perfection Concealer, I may prefer this one. As the coverage is lighter, it gives a less cakey finish under the eyes
Would I repurchase? Yes.

And one product I just had to throw away...


Collection Big Fake Mascara (£5.99)
It takes a lot for me to throw out a product, but this mascara I just absolutely hated. My sister gave it to me. As it's a fibre mascara and she has sensitive skin and eyes, I wasn't surprised to find out that this irritated her eyes. What I was surprised to find was that it also irritated mine. Whilst it was a very black mascara (which I like), it did nothing but clump my eyelashes.
Would I repurchase? No.

Over all, a pretty good bunch of products! :)
Have you tried any of these? What have you used up lately?

xo

24 comments:

  1. I love Batiste but it's so hard to get my hands on it in my country :/ and TBS Xmas stuff smells great <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame! :( Yes, it does! xo

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the collection concealer lately- it definitely doesn't get raved about enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's definitely looked over for the Lasting Perfection! xo

      Delete
  3. I really like that Batiste and that conditioner! I'll definitely be avoiding the mazzie.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rare for me to use such strong words against at mascara, but it really wasn't great! xo

      Delete
  4. I love the body shop body butter but there sooooo over priced, I only tend to buy them when there on offer too.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, who wants to pay £13 for a tub of moisturiser? xo

      Delete
  5. Mmm vanilla body butter <3 Those face wipes sound good will need to give them a try instead of the Simples ones some time! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yummy smelling! They are good, I love Simple wipes too! xo

      Delete
  6. I love any product by the Body shop particularly the christmas scents. Also a massive fan of Batiste! xx

    http://lizzieharrisonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually a fan of Christmas scents, but vanilla is a different story! xo

      Delete
  7. I use simple wipes but these wipes sound great may have to give them ago!

    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple wipes are great, but I definitely recommend the Good Things ones! xo

      Delete
  8. I've got the Collection felt eyeliner too and it is a really good felt pen, and the price is even better!
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good product for the price! :) xo

      Delete
  9. ahh i have the same mascara and i've hidden it in a drawer somewhere, because i can't face throwing it away as i don't feel i've it enough, but it's terrible. i can't ever get the bloody thing off, and it makes no "impact" whatsoever! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you didn't like it either! Terrible is definitely a good word to describe it! xo

      Delete
  10. I looooove batiste! I usually sneakily purchase it on ASOS with my student discount and free delivery, the 400ml bottle haha! x

    www.kristianavasarina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very crafty, I like it! Haha. xo

      Delete
  11. I totally agree with the Collection liner - it's amazing for such a cheap price is t it?! I really want to try the new MUA Luxe Liquid Liner as it looks amazing & only £3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I really need to pick up another one! Would love to know what you think of the MUA liner. xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and leaving a comment. :) I'll always make sure that I try and reply. xo