Saturday, 4 January 2014

Review & Swatches | ELF Lipsticks (Nostalgic & Classy) + Matte Lip Colour (Rich Red)

Lip products are definitely one of my favourite things to horde when it comes to beauty so I couldn't resist picking up a few lipsticks when I saw that ELF were doing 50%. I opted for 2 lipsticks from their regular line, Nostalgic and Classy (which retail for £1.50 each) and one of their Matte Lip Colour's in Rich Red (£3.75).






So first of all, let's take a look at the Essentials Lipsticks.


They glide on really nicely and have a nice sweet smell to them too. The pigmentation is pretty good, with a few swipes and the lasting power is fairly good too. I was super chuffed with these, until Nostalgic completely snapped in two. I know they're only £1.50, but come on ELF - I'd only had it for 5 minutes!


Nostalgic is the prettiest light pink nude and Classy is a lovely, really wearable pink. I'm a big fan of both of these shades. 


Next up, ELF's Matte Lip Colour in the shade Rich Red.


ELF's Matte Lip Colours are definitely not a new thing to me, already a firm favourite in my collection. Matte finishes will always be my fave. I'd been waiting to get my hands on Rich Red for such a long time, but it had always been out of stock. I'm so glad I finally have it. These have great staying power, glide on really nicely and I love the fact you can twist them up too. 


(ELF Cosmetics can be purchased online, here.)

Have you tried any of these products? Which do you like the look of the most?
xo

17 comments:

  1. Nostalgic and Classy look so beautiful. Looks like I'll need to order a few things from ELF soon :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may as well when they're only £1.50! :) xo

      Delete
  2. I just love the smell of ELF lipsticks. I have classy but omds Nostalgic looks beaut! I must have it <3

    www.superwomanchick.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do smell nice, I couldn't put my finger on what exactly they smelt like though. Ha, it is a really pretty colour! I just hope yours doesn't break! xo

      Delete
  3. Nostalgic and classy both look stunning, such a shame the first one snapped!!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was gutted! :( They are pretty though. xo

      Delete
  4. Loove the nude shade!! xx Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow all three are gorgeous! I really wasn't expecting them to be so pretty :) I really love the red... It's stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleasantly surprised too! Can't beat a red lip. xo

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't expect E.L.F to do such stunning colours! I am in love with the nude.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really pretty nude, just the right amount of pink! xo

      Delete
  7. Always wanted to try something from Elf!

    Will defintiley be trying to get my hands on one of the Matte Lip Colours after this post

    xx

    http://nailsandteapots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them! :) xo

      Delete
  8. Good efforts. All the best for abutting posts. I acquire bookmarked you. Able done. I apprehend and like this post. Thanks.

    PHP COMPANY IN BHUBANESWAR

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm going to have to acquire some ELF lipsticks now, it's such a shame the Nostalgic shade snapped, I think it was the most lovely shade! Thank you for writing this review, I had never heard of them until now and I'm glad I read this.

    http://lordofthevale.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you ever tried fiber lashes by Younique? You would LOVE them! They give you the fake lash look with a mascara application. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and leaving a comment. :) I'll always make sure that I try and reply. xo