Sunday, 2 February 2014

Review | Firmoo Glasses

After a recent trip to the opticians and the realisation that a new prescription meant new glasses, I was horrified at the prospect of paying at least £50 for a pair I liked. So when Firmoo* contacted me about receiving a pair of their glasses, I jumped at the chance. 


Firmoo are an online glasses store, where prices start from $39 (that's about £24!) - much cheaper than the high street. The best thing about Firmoo though is that they offer a program to get your first pair completely free, you only need to pay for shipping. They even have a feature where you can upload a photo of yourself to 'try on' the different pairs of glasses, which is pretty helpful when it comes to choosing the right pair.


The pair I chose are listed on the website as #F03, a lovely full-framed tortoisehell pair of specs. Shipping took about 2 weeks and they arrived fully cased and with a few extra bits and bobs like a soft case, cleaning cloth and a little bag of spare screws. Although my hard case came a little bashed, the glasses were absolutely fine.


I was really surprised by the quality, fit and comfort of the glasses. One thing I will say as that the lenses seem to attract smudges and fingerprints. I don't know why this is, as I've never had this happen with glasses before. Not a deal breaker, but a little annoying. Scratch-resistant coating is an option you can choose for the glasses, though this costs extra, but may be something I'd opt for next time.


Overall I think these glasses are fab. Thank you Firmoo, I'm chuffed!
xo

*These glasses were sent to me for free, but as always I am completely honest in my reviews. If I like or dislike a product, you will find out about it!

20 comments:

  1. hello darling, u have a beautiful blog, would u like to follow each other on gfc and facebook??? I always follow back
    Ps: I also have a giveaway running on my blog right now, maybe you are interested
    http://idareyoutobefashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. they really suit you!
    that reminds me, i really should hunt down some new frames for meself!
    La Mode D'Emm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Hope you manage to find some you like! xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Maya,
    These glasses suit you so well!
    Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my blog! Hope you'll have a wonderful week!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so, thank you! You're very welcome! :) xo

      Delete
  4. these glasses fit so well on you! love it x
    DreamerDreamBigger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go wrong with a pair of glasses for £24, that's fab! They really suit you too babe.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't, such a good price! Thank you lovely! xo

      Delete
  6. You can't beat the price, plus they look really good on you! Work it girl!
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing so much about Firmoo lately. I feel like I'm missing out because I don't wear glasses, haha. These pair definitely suit you :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do sunglasses too! :) Thank you! xo

      Delete
  8. they look great on you ! would you like to follow each other on GFC and on bloglovin :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like these glasses and they are so well priced! x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow I wish they had contacted me! I have just paid 170 for Hugo Boss glasses that look just like those xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh now I feel like I should have made this post sooner! :( Haha. xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and leaving a comment. :) I'll always make sure that I try and reply. xo