Sunday, 9 February 2014

Review | Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Standout


When I heard that Revlon were coming out with a matte range of their ever so famous Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains I let out what can only be described as a squeal of pure delight. Whilst I wanted to throw them all into my Boots' basket, at £7.99 each I behaved and opted for just one - a deep red that goes by the name of Standout (shade #250).


First off, the pigmentation is brilliant. Despite being a matte finish, it doesn't leave lips feeling dry nor does it cling to the skin. Unlike its predecessor, the matte range isn't designed to be a stain but the lasting power is great nonetheless. I did find application a little tricky, due to the chunky crayon design. Despite that, I love this shade and can't wait to get my hands on some more of the range.


Have you tried any of the new Matte or Lacquer range?
Are you as big a fan of red lipstick as I am?
xo

20 comments:

  1. That colour looks gorgeous, definitely need to try these :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely red. They do a brighter more pillar-box red too. xo

      Delete
  2. THANK-YOU for doing a review on one of these! i've walked past them many times hum-ing and haw-ing deciding whether or not to pick one up. i love matte lip products, so i'll finally have to purchase one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, hope you're happy with your purchase! :) xo

      Delete
  3. Really need to pick one of these up! xx

    Charlotte| LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely glad I picked this one up! xo

      Delete
  4. I need to get this, it looks amazing!x
    - Jayne
    electra-violet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it if you do! :) xo

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried any of the Matte ones of these. I was always a little worried they'd be too matte but this looks lovely!

    Kallie @ But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too matte and not drying either! :) xo

      Delete
  6. Wow, it looks so good on! Such a vibrant colour.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post. Bulk SMS Service Provider in ORISSA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only tried the original just bitten kissable balms but all their new matte shades look fabulous! I love how bright this balm is! I might have to grab it myself! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have got some really lovely and interesting colours, was so impressed by this one's vibrancy! xo

      Delete
  9. This sounds like a lovely product and it looks great put on!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to try these out, they sound amazing and there are so many lovely shades too xx
    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, trying 1 has only left me wanting to try more! xo

      Delete
  11. I want to try this type of lippy but in a different colour.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and leaving a comment. :) I'll always make sure that I try and reply. xo