Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Review | Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner


Rarely is there a day when winged eyeliner doesn't grace my peepers. After my usual Collection felt liner ran out, I decided I'd try something new and went for Maybelline's Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner. Don't be fooled by the name, ladies, this is a felt liner.


Retailing for £5.99, I picked this eyeliner up in Superdrug. The thing that made me go for this liner was the uniquely shaped tip. Longer than most eyeliners I've tried, but really easy to apply as the fine tip makes, as the name suggests, application precise. Super black too, I was sure I was going to love it.


However good this eyeliner looks when first applied, this is unfortunately short lived. I have never had a problem with eyeliner smudging, but a few hours after applying this I get a major case of panda eyes. I've tried everything, ladies: setting underneath with face powder, setting over the top with black eyeshadow, even going over it in another eyeliner. Why this is is a complete mystery, I don't have oily lids and usually get pretty good lasting power out of most eye makeup. The only time I can see me using this now, unfortunately, is when I only need makeup on for an hour or two and, let's face it, how often does that happen? Such a shame, as I thought this was going to be a winner.

What's your favourite felt eyeliner? Have you tried this one?

14 comments:

  1. I've never tried this one before, I usually use a pencil eyeliner! Such a shame it smudges. :(

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this! I love the Collection one but this looks amazing.
    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know what you follow me on and i'll return the love x
    GEMSIES

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame this isn't great... I'm in need of a new one!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwh it sucks when a product lets you down. Oh, and I love your blog so I'm trying to follow it (feel loved...I only follow blogs I really love!) but it says it's unable to handle my request? Just if you're not gaining any followers that may be why xx

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this lost its pigmentation so quickly, and then its staying power!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've have nominated your blog for the Very Inspiring blogger award. Check out my blog for more details...
    lizzieharrisonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Love Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a shame that this was a smudged, the line it left on your hand looks really defined. Such a shame!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing worse than eyeliner smudging! I'm more of a gel or liquid liner gal, but I will defo keep clear of this liner.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate liquid/felt liners, I suck at applying them haha. And what a shame that it smudges, they really need to come up with a solution for that! :(
    Great review, hun. Xo

    Lace and Lipstick Stains

    ReplyDelete
  10. You in adeptness accomplish it arise in adeptness simple calm with your presentation but I in approval this action to be in adeptness something that I feel I'd never understand. It seems too circuitous and complete abounding for me. I'm accepting a emphasis exhausted to your afterwards submit, I will try to get the advantage of it!
    wholesale Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh noo! I've tried the ELF one and it was pretty good! But when I repurchased it dried out super fast so not sure!

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw no I've treys the collection eye liner but its such a shame this isn't a great product! lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shame about the panda eyes, it seemed pretty good apart from that! Xx

    Hips Like Cinderella

    ReplyDelete
  14. This product from maybelline is such a let down. It smudges like crazy

    xoxo
    TheBlahQueen
    Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Review, Price And Swatches

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and leaving a comment. :) I'll always make sure that I try and reply. xo